[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Cookies and "smart fine print"

Prentiss Riddle writes:
[...]
 > I've been running Navigator 3.0 with the "ask before accepting cookie"
 > option turned on for a few days now.  I'm afraid it's not as useful as
 > one might hope.  For one thing, on some sites there are a half dozen or
 > more cookie requests per page (attached to inline images, I suppose).
 > The continual cookie approval popups get to be very annoying.
[...]
A solution could be to use my personal privacy enhancer, which filters
almost everything in the queries and could be customized for selective
filtering.

http://www.lyot.obspm.fr/~dl/wwwtools.htm#proxy
(you'll need to grab tclbin package and compile it (and tcl-7.5 before
that) to use it... If someone volunteers for making a binary
distribution for Windows and MacOs, It could be great...)

Regards
dl

ps: the proxy itself is not running anymore on my host because I'll be
switching job/place very soon (offers welcome!), source code etc... is
still available.

--
Laurent Demailly * http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/ * Pobox email: dl@mail.dotcom.fr
** job hunting !** please see http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/cv.htm or mail me